The Dobo book has 189 pages of instructions and pictures with which you can easily and safely start doing dobo excercises with your dog.
Huom: Viimeinen tuote varastossa!
Dobo is a dog sport that combines exercise and having fun with the dog. Exercises are mainly done with the help of balls shaped like eggs. Some dobo movements are made with half-balls, and some with balance disks. The dog should never be forced to do movements and they are made on the dog’s conditions with the handler’s support. The sport includes three kinds of movements: movements made by the dog, the handler or together. There are different levels of movements aimed from beginners to those who are more active. Many movements can be modified from easy to challenging through very small changes. The purposes of these movements vary. Goals include improving balance, body management or muscles, and stretching. Many movements in dobo work several muscle groups simultaneously and for many purposes. Most dobo movements are large movements that include several muscle groups working together.
Even in seemingly static movements the muscles of both dog and handler are working hard.
Benefits of dobo training for the dog
1. The exercises improve the dog’s concentration
2. The exercises improve the dog’s agility, balance and body control, which in turn reduces the likelihood of the dog being injured, and they improve competition dogs’ results
3. The exercises strengthen the dog’s (deep) muscles
4. The exercises help the dog to stretch itself as well and remove possible muscle tension
5. Exercising together with the dog supports and improves the relationship with the handler
Benefits of dobo training for the handler are
1. The movements develop muscle power. They firm and strengthen muscles, while increasing muscle durability. Because the weight of the body works as resistance in many movements, the movements can easily be made more challenging.
2. The exercises increase the body’s flexibility. Many movements combine the strengthening and stretching of the muscle, which has proven to be more effective than stretching alone.
3. The exercises increase balance and coordination.
4. The movements improve posture, because the midriff muscles have to work to achieve balance alone. As the muscles in the midriff strengthen and stretch this may relieve back pain.
5. The exercises improve/add body control while activating several muscle groups simultaneously.
6. The movements are fun. While doing them one forgets everything else and playfulness arises. They are often fun and challenging at the same time.
7. It is suited for beginners as well as those with more experience.
8. Most of all it improves the relationship with the dog.
Ei arvosteluja tällä hetkellä.